Want to play the best golf of your life with cutting-edge, peak performance ideas? Me too. Let’s connect.
Listen and Subscribe on | iTunes
Former pro golfer, Mike Mike McRae, shares his amazing story from golf pro to golf apparel king and everything in-between like golf apparel trends to advice on starting your own business and much more.
After graduating from St. Mary’s College of California in 2008, QED founder Mike McRae spent the next couple years pursuing a PGA Tour card and became unsatisfied with the selection of golf apparel. As an active outdoorsman from Utah, he wanted golf clothes to be less golf and more clothes. Mike put his professional career on hold and spent a year studying different apparel and textile markets.
A fan of the western style dress shirt, Mike designed some golf polo variations and launched QED in April 2011. QED’s first collection consisted of the Eureka, Francis and Heber polos. The theme was affordable style. All shirts were designed to look great with slacks and Footjoys or jeans and kickers. Many people enjoyed the new look of QED’s polos, and they helped encourage a second collection of apparel introducing sweaters, dress shirts, pants, shorts and new polos.
All QED apparel is designed to perform and look great in any environment. The world is a big place, and your golfing “outfit” won’t get you very far once you leave the course. Especially at the bar. While maintaining the utmost respect for the game, QED Style will continue to push the envelope in golf style. You can safely assume all QED items will be unique, creatively detailed and made of the finest quality.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How it all started – the abbreviated journey from golf pro to apparel king
- Mike’s biggest complaint about the apparel industry when he first started
- What are the performance aspects of QED Apparel including: fabric, weight, breathability, seaming, etc.
- The specific details Web.com tour players are loving about QED apparel
- About the golf jacket that will revolutionize the gap between on-course playability and off-course style (available Sept 2015)
- Mike’s advice to someone who wants to begin a golf-related business
- How a fresh perspective can be one of your most valuable assets if looking to start a business
- The pros and cons of price resistance and why it makes sense to invest in yourself
- And, much, much more . . .
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED
CONNECT WITH MIKE MCRAE
101 Ways to Increase Your Golf Power: Massively Increase Your Golf Swing Distance and Hit It Straighter and Farther Than Ever Before
101 Ways to Increase Your Golf Power is a jam-packed resource of methods to dramatically produce a more powerful golf swing that results in; increased distance, solid ball-striking, more fairways and lower scores.
Includes: select golf drills, golf training aids, golf exercises, golf exercise equipment, golf swing keys, golf equipment, golf visualizations, golf nutrition, even “out there” techniques for increasing your golf power and distance. Get it here.