Want to play the best golf of your life with cutting-edge, peak performance ideas? Me too. Let’s connect.
Listen and Subscribe on | iTunes
How are you with the rules of golf? Listen in as we have a candid conversation with Ken Tackett, PGA Tour Rules Official, about all sorts of golf rules, unique rules situations and other fun rules stuff.
Ken Tackett is a PGA TOUR Tournament and Rules Official from Charleston, West Virginia. Ken graduated of the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL with a Bachelor Degree in Jazz Studies.
Prior to joining the PGA TOUR he was Executive Director of the West Virginia Golf Association where he focused on the development of the game of golf in West Virginia.
In addition to his duties with the PGA TOUR Ken is a professional musician who plays all over the U.S. with several acts including Landau Eugene Murphy Jr., winner of Americas’s Got Talent- season 6. Ken also serves on the Board of Trustees for Charleston Area Medical Center in West Virginia, the State’s largest hospital.
Ken is married to Tammy and has two children, Hannah and Zachary.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What is and what does a PGA Tour Official actually do
- The 3 sections of a USGA rules book
- Learn to use and understand the proper golf terminology and terms
- What are the most common rules that are encountered time and time again
- Learn all about water hazards, casual water, red stakes, yellow stakes, etc.
- Ken’s take on the super hot topic – “Call-in” rulings
- The rules regarding hitting into trees
- Ken’s pet-peeves about certain equipment (clubs and balls) rules
- The number one rule (Rule #13) to be studied in terms of rules philosophy
- How learning the Rules of Golf can enrich your understanding of the game
- And, much, much more . . .
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED
Website: PGA Tour
New York Times Article on Ken: Riffing, but Not on the Rules of Golf
Website: USGA Rules of Golf
CONNECT WITH KEN TACKETT
Facebook: Ken Tackett
Facebook: West Virginia Golf Association
Twitter: Ken Tackett
email: ken.tackett AT icloud.com
101 Ways to Increase Your Golf Power: Massively Increase Your Golf Swing Distance and Hit It Straighter and Farther Than Ever Before
101 Ways to Increase Your Golf Power is a jam-packed resource of methods to dramatically produce a more powerful golf swing that results in; increased distance, solid ball-striking, more fairways and lower scores.
Includes: select golf drills, golf training aids, golf exercises, golf exercise equipment, golf swing keys, golf equipment, golf visualizations, golf nutrition, even “out there” techniques for increasing your golf power and distance. Get it here.