Listen in as Josh Mattson and I discuss the powerful Egoscue Method. Learn how it transformed Jack Nicklaus’ game and how it can do the same for you.
Injury and aging place many stresses on the body and they can lead to an imbalance of the musculosckeletal system. Pete Egoscue dealt with his own injury in the 1970s and through diligent research he gained a knowledge of different means of recuperating strength and balance so as to remain pain free. He thus was motivated to help others regain their health.
The Egoscue Method® is the world leader in non-medical pain relief. Since 1971 and with over 25 clinics worldwide, The Egoscue Method has helped thousands of individuals tap into their body’s ability to heal itself and free themselves of chronic pain. This easy and gentle method has a 94% success rate without the use of drugs, surgery or manipulation. We teach YOU how to regain control of your health without becoming dependent on another person or a machine.
As a testimonial for the effectiveness of this method of overcoming pain, Jack Nicklaus, the famous golfer wrote the foreword in Egoscue’s initial book. He was dealing with back pain and it was affecting his performance and competitiveness in this golf game, not to mention his lack of sleep due to the pain. Egoscue designed a program for him that gradually put him on the road to recovery.
Here’s an Pete Egoscue has totally changed my life. Never have I experienced such complete pain relief as I have by following the Egoscue Method.
– Jack Nicklaus
Josh Mattson earned his Bachelors of Science in Athletic Training from Bridgewater State University. After working for many years in the rehabilitation field he realized that there was a missing link to helping people achieve true health and wellness.
“I began to understand that treating the symptoms and not the underlying cause of the problem was not helping my clients achieve the pain free results that they wanted. By returning your body to proper alignment, function and balance through the corrective E-cises, you not only alleviate the pain but prevent future pain and injuries. With Egoscue, the body is able to heal itself properly.”
From his own experiences during athletics and his passion for studying anatomy and kinesiology, Josh is dedicated to helping others reach their goals—not only to remove the pain but also overcome limitations by rediscovering their physical abilities.
After college, Josh moved to Santa Monica, California to pursue his dream of helping people get out of pain and back to living using the Egoscue Method. He is excited to bring Egoscue to the Boston area (where he grew up) with the opening of a clinic location in Newton.
What You Will Learn
- What exactly is the Egoscue Method and how it can benefit your golf game
- How this method routinely has a 94% success rate without the use of drugs, surgery or manipulation
- How the Egoscue Method totally changed and revitalized Jack Nicklaus’s golf game
- That the source of your pain (or uncomfort) is actually NOT the source of your disfunction
- How our modern day lifestyle can limit hip and pelvic function which limits pelvic power in the golf swing
- Josh shares 4 powerful exercises that can dramatically improve your posture and alignment
- How getting your body back into proper posture and alignment can solve even the most hidden chronic pain
- The difference between performance and practice and how to take advantage of each
- Learn one of the most powerful exercises in the Egoscue repertoire
- One more great exercise for lower back tightness and overall function
- and much, much more
Links and Resources Mentioned
Other Related Podcasts
101 Ways to Increase Your Golf Power: Massively Increase Your Golf Swing Distance and Hit It Straighter and Farther Than Ever Before
101 Ways to Increase Your Golf Power is a jam-packed resource of methods to dramatically produce a more powerful golf swing that results in; increased distance, solid ball-striking, more fairways and lower scores.
Includes: select golf drills, golf training aids, golf exercises, golf exercise equipment, golf swing keys, golf equipment, golf visualizations, golf nutrition, even “out there” techniques for increasing your golf power and distance. Get it here.